Compare Abilify vs. perphenazine
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Abilify (aripiprazole) is good for treating psychosis and mania, and can help with depression. It's less likely to cause side effects than other antipsychotics.
Trilafon (perphenazine) is a good medicine for schizophrenia, but it can make you gain weight.
- Effective at relieving psychotic symptoms and manic episodes.
- More energizing than other antipsychotics.
- Fewer side effects than other antipsychotics.
- Studies show that it can also be helpful for depression, especially in women, if your symptoms don't go away with an antidepressant alone.
- Available as a generic, which is cheaper.
- Trilafon (perphenazine) can be much cheaper than other medicines.
- Trilafon (perphenazine) is less likely to cause heart problems or changes in blood pressure.
- Mild risk of extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS), a movement disorder that includes stiffness, tremor, restlessness, and slow, repetitive, or involuntary movements.
- You might need routine blood tests to check how the medicine is affecting your body.
- All antipsychotics come with side effects that make them difficult to take. You might need to try a few different medicines until you find the one that works for you and that you can tolerate.
- You're more likely to gain weight.
- You can be more sensitive to temperature changes.
- You're more likely to catch colds and flu.
- Dissolving tablet
Have you used Abilify (aripiprazole)?Leave a review
- Increased risk of death
- Elderly patients with dementia
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Age 24 years or younger
- Use of antidepressant medications
- Shaking and restlessness
- Increased blood sugar and cholesterol, and weight gain
- People with diabetes
- People with high cholesterol
- Driving impairment
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert
- Low blood pressure
- Higher risk of death
- People age 65 or older with dementia and psychosis
- Difficulty controlling movements
- Higher risk for falls
- Drinking alcohol or taking narcotics
- Higher risk of infection