Compare Astepro vs. Elestat
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Astepro (Azelastine) is a prescription-only antihistamine nasal spray that can help with your allergy or nasal symptoms without exposing the rest of your body to the medicine.
- Astepro (Azelastine) lowers the number of nasal symptoms you'll get during allergy season.
- Works faster than steroid nasal sprays and can be used as needed.
- Most people don't have any side effects since it works in the nose and doesn't affect the rest of your body.
- Won't make you feel sleepy.
- Works just as well as steroid nasal sprays.
- In older versions of the medicine, you can get a bitter taste in your mouth after spraying it into your nose.
- Can cause nose bleeds if the spray nozzle is inserted into your nose wrongly.
- Need a prescription to get Astepro (Azelastine).
- It's good for 200 sprays, but there isn't a counter to help you keep track of sprays.
- Nasal spray
- Eye drops
- Driving impairment
- Taking with alcohol
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert