|Coming soon.||Makes it easier to breathe. Combivent (Ipratropium / Albuterol) is good for people who need 2 medicines to relieve their COPD symptoms, but you need to be okay with taking it four times a day.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
Best available price for 15 (15ml of 0.06%) nasal sprays of ipratropium
Best available price for 4 (120 doses of 20mcg/100mcg) respimat inhalers of combivent
|Reviews & ratings|
Not enough reviews for this treatment. Help someone out, leave a review!
Reviews for Combivent
+38% better vs. Atrovent
+13% better vs. Atrovent
We haven’t found good data for Atrovent side effects.FDA side effect reports for Atrovent »
|More Combivent side effects »|
|How it works|
|Coming soon.||Combivent (Ipratropium / Albuterol) is a combination medicine. It contains two bronchodilators (ipratropium and albuterol), which relax muscles in your lungs to open airways and make breathing easier.|
|Type of medication|
- › Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Nasal Discharge
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
Detailed Combivent (ipratropium / albuterol) risks & warnings »
- › History of rapid heartbeat
- › History of high blood pressure
- › history of heart failure or chest pain.
- › History of narrow-angle glaucoma
- › History of high eye pressure
Research studies with animals haven’t found a risk to unborn babies, but it hasn’t been properly studied in humans.
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.
|Upsides and benefits|
- › 2-in-1 medicine that opens airways and makes it easier to breathe. Medicines are more effective together than alone.
- › Effectively relieves COPD and asthma symptoms.
- › Respimat formulation has a clear display for dosing, doesn't require shaking, and only needs one inhalation per dose.
|Downsides and risks|
- › You have to use Combivent four times a day.
- › Can make your heart race.
- › Can make symptoms of enlarged prostate or urinary blockage worse.
- › Can worsen a certain type of glaucoma.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Starts working in 15 to 30 minutes, and lasts about 4 to 6 hours.
- › Make sure to read the instructions about how to set up your first dose.
- › Clean the mouthpiece with a damp cloth once a week.
- › The inhaler shows you how much medication you have left so you can plan ahead for refills.
- › Don't take it more often or change your dose without talking to your doctor first.
- › Tell your doctor if the medication stops working or if your symptoms get worse.
- › One type of inhaler contains soya lecithin, so don't use if you have soybean, peanut, or allergies to atropine.
|More about AtroventSide effectsReviews & ratingsFDA package insert||More about CombiventSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert|