|Coming soon.||Treats migraine headaches. Ergomar (ergotamine) has more side effects than other medicines used to treat migraines.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
Best available price for 1 (12 tablets of 12.5mg) dose pack of almotriptan
|No pricing data for this drug at this filter setting. Try searching onGoodRx|
|Reviews & ratings|
Reviews for Axert (almotriptan)
of people (All ages) say Axert (almotriptan) is worth it
say it works well
say it's a big hassle
Reviews for Ergomar (ergotamine)
Same vs. Axert (almotriptan)
-100% worse vs. Axert (almotriptan)
Same vs. Axert (almotriptan)
We haven’t found good data for Axert side effects.FDA side effect reports for Axert »
The ergotamine FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.More about ergotamine side effects »
|How it works|
|Coming soon.||Ergomar (ergotamine) is an ergot alkaloid. It tightens the blood vessels in your brain to relieve the pain of your headaches.|
|Type of medication|
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
Detailed Ergomar (ergotamine) risks & warnings »
- › Macrolide antibiotics
- › Protease inhibitors
- › Taking Ergomar (ergotamine) more than the recommended amount daily or weekly
- › Taking Ergomar (ergotamine) regularly for months
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.
Research studies with real people or animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. If you’re pregnant, the risks to your unborn baby outweigh the benefits.
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Ergomar (ergotamine) works better than other medicines if your migraines last more than 2 days or if you have more frequent migraines.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Harmful to the fetus so avoid if you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- › Doesn't prevent migraines from happening. It can only relieve them.
- › Excessive use can be dangerous and result in rebound headaches. Talk to your doctor if your headaches are worse and occurring more frequently.
- › May not be right for you if you have high blood pressure or had a heart attack.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Avoid if you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant since it can harm the fetus.
- › Take as soon as you feel the migraine coming on.
- › You may be more sensitive to cold since Ergomar (ergotamine) affects the circulation of your blood. Dress warmly.
- › Don't use Ergomar (ergotamine) excessively. The most you can take is 3 tablets per day or 5 tablets per week.
- › Don't use with triptans if you're taking Ergomar (ergotamine).
- › Talk to your doctor if you have heart disease or blood vessel problems before starting Ergomar (ergotamine).
|More about AxertSide effectsReviews & ratingsFDA package insert||More about ergotamineSide effectsAlternativesFDA package insert|