Compare azithromycin vs. Tobradex
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Zithromax (azithromycin) is good for treating many bacterial infections and is available in generic form. However, it may cause headache, dizziness, or rash.
- Available as a generic in the tablet and suspension form.
- The suspension can be used if you have problems swallowing.
- Used to treat many types of bacterial infections.
- Bacteria is less resistant to this antibiotic, meaning that Zithromax (azithromycin) will fight off the bacteria better. Your doctor may run tests to see which antibiotics will kill the bacteria causing your infection.
- Immediate release form can be taken with or without food.
- Must space out antacids by at least 2 hours.
- Use with caution if you have liver disease.
- Must be used with caution if you are on medications to thin the blood (anticoagulants) because of increased risk of bleeding.
- Bacterial infection of eye; Treatment and Prophylaxis - Inflammatory disorder of the eye
- Extended-release liquid
- Eye drops
Have you used Zithromax (azithromycin)?Leave a review
- Abdominal pain2%
- Liver damage
History of liver disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Abnormal heartbeat
...and 4 more risk factors