Compare bacitracin vs. Neosporin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
bacitracin is an effective over-the-counter, first-line infection prevention in minor scrapes, cuts, and burns.
Neosporin (neomycin / polymyxin / bacitracin) is an effective, over-the-counter, first-line infection prevention in minor scrapes, cuts, and burns.
- bacitracin is available OTC and is inexpensive.
- Works well as a first-line medicine to kill bacteria in minor wounds.
- Can help your wound heal faster.
- Comes in a ointment, cream, foam and spray.
- Is available over-the-counter.
- A more affordable generic option is also available.
- Comes in formulations that can also help treat pain, itch, and scars.
- Cannot be used if you have deep or large wounds.
- May not be effective for large or deep cuts.
- Prevention of infection
- Minor cuts
- Minor scrapes
- Minor burns