Compare Captopril vs. Monopril
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Captopril is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function, but you have to take it on an empty stomach.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Up to 1 in 10 people can get a dry cough with this medicine. It ranges from a mild tickle in the throat to a persistent hacking cough.
- Compared to other ACE inhibitors, less flexible on when and how you take it. Captopril needs to be taken multiple times a day on an empty stomach.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
- Hypertension heart failure
Have you used Capoten (Captopril)?Leave a review
- Harm to fetus
Women of childbearing age
- Unusual tongue swelling
- Heart problems due to high potassium
Current kidney problems
...and 2 more risk factors