Compare Cleocin vs. Levaquin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Cleocin T (Clindamycin Phosphate) is good for treating many bacterial infections and is available as a generic. If you're taking the vaginal form, you have to avoid sex and tampons for the period your doctor tells you to. The topical form can cause skin sensitivity and irritation.
Levaquin (levofloxacin) effectively treats different types of bacterial infections, but it is relatively more expensive than some of its alternatives.
- Available in generic.
- Topical form treats acne.
- Available in different oral forms: tablet, capsule, and suspension.
- Available in forms to treat skin infections and vaginal infections.
- Used to treat many types of bacterial infections.
- Less resistance seen in bacteria to this antibiotic. Your doctor may run tests to see which antibiotics will kill the bacteria causing your infection.
- Can be taken with or without food.
- Available as a generic medicine.
- Liquid form of Levaquin (levofloxacin) is available for those with trouble swallowing.
- Treats a variety of bacterial infections.
- Take only once a day.
- Can take pill form with or without food.
- Have to take the oral forms with a full glass of liquid or with food since it can cause irritation in your stomach and esophagus.
- If you're taking the vaginal form, you have to avoid sex and not use tampons for the period your doctor tells you to.
- If you're allergic to aspirin, your doctor may have to prescribe an alternate.
- If you have to take live vaccines, talk to your doctor when to take them since Clindamycin can make it less effective.
- If you're taking the topical form, it can cause sensitivity and irritation.
- People with diabetes need to check their blood sugar levels regularly while taking Levaquin (levofloxacin).
- Can't take Levaquin (levofloxacin) at the same time as antacids or vitamins.
- Levaquin (levofloxacin) can increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight and make you more likely to get a rash.
- Relatively more expensive compared to similar alternatives.
- Associated with serious and some potentially life-threatening side effects.
- Cream, gel, or ointment
- Vaginal cream
- Vaginal suppository
Have you used Cleocin T (Clindamycin Phosphate)?Leave a review
- Liver damage
History of liver disease
- Tendon rupture and inflammation
People over age 60
...and 2 more risk factors
- Myasthenia gravis
Those with a history of myasthenia gravis
- Changes in mood and behavior
Those with a history of depression
- Effects on heartbeat
Those with a history of heart rhythm problems
...and 2 more risk factors