|Coming soon.||Treats acne and sun damage. Renova (Tretinoin) isn't a cure for fine lines and wrinkles, but it's clinically proven to improve them.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
Reviews for Renova (Tretinoin)
+7% vs. Differen (Adapalene)
7% vs. Differen (Adapalene)
+5% vs. Differen (Adapalene)
We haven’t found good data for Differen side effects.FDA side effect reports for Differen »
|More Renova side effects »|
|How it works|
|Coming soon.||Renova (Tretinoin) is a vitamin A derivative. Researchers don't know exactly how it works, but it seems to make skin cells renew faster and better.|
|Type of medication|
|Coming soon.||Acne agent|
› RetinoidPrescription only
|Used for (click to learn more)|
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
- › Using other medicines or products that irritate the skin
- › Eczema
- › Extreme temperatures (hot or cold)
Detailed Renova (Tretinoin) risks & warnings »
- › Allergy to fish or fish products
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › You only need to apply it once a day, usually in the evening.
- › Most people who reported having skin irritation said that it was mild.
- › Part of a complete program to help you take better care of your skin.
|Downsides and risks|
- › It may take up to 6 months to see the full benefit for facial wrinkles.
- › Not a good choice for women who want to become or are pregnant
- › Can change the color and texture of your skin if used long-term.
- › You need to be careful about avoiding any sunlight or artificial tanning while using it.
- › It doesn't work for deep wrinkles.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Works best as part of a complete skin care program (including SPF) to protect your skin from sun damage.
- › Renova doesn't permanently erase or improve significant skin changes such as deep wrinkles.
- › Apply a very small amount (pea-size) on entire face once a day at bedtime.
- › You'll need to use Renova regularly for at least 3 to 4 months before you see improvement. Once you stop, the improvement may slowly disappear.
- › Renova wasn't studied in people with skin cancer or serious damage from the sun (actinic keratosis) so it's not known if this would benefit.
- › Not safe to use during pregnancy. Even though Renova is applied to the skin, a small amount is absorbed and harmful to your unborn baby.
- › Some medicines you take by mouth can make you more sensitive to sunlight and combine with effects of Renova. Check with your doctor or pharmacist before you take any new medicines.
|More about DifferenSide effectsReviews & ratingsFDA package insert||More about RenovaSide effectsReviews & ratingsFDA package insert|