Compare Estazolam vs. Silenor
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you stay asleep longer.
Prosom (estazolam) can help you sleep, but you might feel hungover the next day.
Helps you relax, and sleep.
Doxepin is a non-addictive way to help people stay asleep, but it comes with a list of side effects.
- Prosom (estazolam) is available in generic.
- In a clinical trial Doxepin was able to significantly improve sleep quality.
- Doxepin helps improve your appetite, energy level, and sense of well-being, which increases your interests.
- Once your body gets used to Doxepin, most of the side effects go away.
- Doxepin comes in a generic form, so it is pretty cheap.
- Doxepin is not addictive.
- Prosom (estazolam) isn't recommended if you're age 65 or older because the side effects can be more intense.
- You can become dependent on Prosom (estazolam) if you take it for more than a few weeks.
- If you stop Prosom (estazolam) suddenly after taking it for a while, your insomnia might come back even worse than when you started.
- Some people taking Doxepin walk, drive, eat, and have sex while sleeping. Be sure to tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- Doxepin can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain.
- Taking Doxepin can make emptying your bladder difficult.
- Some people have suicidal thoughts when taking Doxepin.
- Doxepin can interact with many different medications, vitamins, and alternative treatments.
- Alcoholism - Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression - Psychoneurotic personality disorder Insomnia Pruritus (Moderate)
- Due to atopic dermatitis or lichen simplex chronicus
No pricing information available
$9.99Find instant savings near you
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
19possible side effects
- Difficulty controlling muscles8%
- Abnormal coordination4%
- Leg and foot pain3%
- Common cold symptoms3%
- Back pain2%
- Body pain2%
- Abnormal dreams2%
- Abnormal thoughts2%
The Silenor (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Tolerance and addiction
- Using Prosom (estazolam) for more than 10 days
- Behavior changes
- Drinking alcohol
- Taking sedative medicines
- Hangover effect
- People age 65 or older
- Allergic reactions
No information currently available