Compare Fioricet With Codeine vs. Zomig
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Triptans are the first-choice to treat migraines. Zomig (zolmitriptan) works just as well as other triptans for migraines.
- Zomig (zolmitriptan) is is a first choice treatment to treat severe migraines.
- There are different forms of Zomig (zolmitriptan) available, including a dissolving pill and a nasal spray if you have trouble swallowing during a migraine attack.
- The regular and dissolving pill forms of Zomig (zolmitriptan) are available as generics.
- If you're taking the nasal spray form of Zomig (zolmitriptan), you have to follow the instructions exactly or you won't get the full dose of medicine.
- The nasal spray form of Zomig (zolmitriptan) is only available as brand name, so it can be expensive.
- If you have heart disease or history of stroke, Zomig (zolmitriptan) may not be the best choice for you. Talk to your doctor about your medical history.
- Complex of tension or muscle contraction
- Dissolving tablet
- Nasal spray
- Changes in taste21%
- Tingling or prickling sensation10%
- Oversensitivity of the skin5%
- Pain in the throat4%
- Discomfort in the nose3%
- Heart attack
...and 2 more risk factors
History of a stroke
- Medication overuse headache
Using Zomig (zolmitriptan) or other migraine treatment medications for 10 or more days a month
- Changes in heartbeat
History of arrhythmia
- Serotonin syndrome
Taking tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, tramadol, buspirone, or ADHD medicines
- Blood vessel issues
High blood pressure
...and 1 more risk factors