Compare Fiorinal vs. Frova
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Triptans are the first-choice to treat migraines. Frova (frovatriptan) works just as well as other triptans for migraines, but doesn't work for other types of headaches like cluster headaches.
- Frova (frovatriptan) is available in generic.
- Unlike other similar medicines, you can take up to 3 tablets of Frova (frovatriptan) every 24 hours.
- Frova (frovatriptan) is first choice of medicines for treatment of migraine headaches.
- Available as an oral tablet only, which may be difficult to swallow during bad migraine attack.
- Doesn't prevent migraines.
- Doesn't work for other types of headaches like cluster headaches.
- Not recommended for children under 18 years old.
- Tension-type headache
- Tingling or prickling sensation4%
- Dry mouth3%
- Hot or cold sensation3%
- Muscle pain3%
- Chest pain2%
- Heart attack
...and 2 more risk factors
History of a stroke
- Medication overuse headache
Using Frova (frovatriptan) for more than 2 to 3 days a week or 10 days a month
- Serotonin syndrome
...and 5 more risk factors
- Increased blood pressure
Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Blood vessel issues
High blood pressure
...and 1 more risk factors