Compare Flomax vs. Jalyn
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Flomax (tamsulosin) is a good treatment for an enlarged prostate if medical treatment is needed, but it can reduce your sex drive and takes time to kick in.
- Flomax (tamsulosin) works just as well as similar medications but with fewer and less severe side effects.
- Helps make urinating easier.
- Available in generic.
- Also available in a combination form with another medication to treat severe symptoms of enlarged prostate.
- Simple once daily dosing.
- Flomax (tamsulosin) only treats the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It doesn't make the prostate smaller or stop it from getting bigger.
- Has to be taken at the same time every day.
- It can take up to one month to see the full effects of Flomax (tamsulosin).
- Can reduce sex drive.
- Flomax (tamsulosin) can't be stopped suddenly, so you'll need to talk to your doctor about how to stop taking it safely.
- Enlarged prostate (BPH)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia - Lower urinary tract symptoms
Have you used Flomax (tamsulosin)?Leave a review
- Runny nose/ nasal congestion13%
- Abnormal ejaculation8%
- Back pain7%
- Sore Throat6%
- Chest pain4%
- Low blood pressure
Taking medications for high blood pressure
History of "sulfa" allergies
- Floppy iris syndrome
Cataract or glaucoma surgery
- Heat stroke
...and 2 more risk factors