|Lowers blood sugar. This form of insulin is one of the few medications in its class that you can get without a prescription, but it's expensive.||Coming soon.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|No pricing data for this drug at this filter setting. Try searching onGoodRx|
Best available price for 1 (5 solostar pens of 3ml) carton of insulin glulisine
|Reviews & ratings|
Reviews for Humulin (human insulin)
of people (All ages) say Humulin (human insulin) is worth it
say it works well
say it's a big hassle
Reviews for Apidra (insulin glulisine)
+33% better vs. Humulin (human insulin)
+54% better vs. Humulin (human insulin)
+11% better vs. Humulin (human insulin)
The Human Insulin FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.More about Human Insulin side effects »
We haven’t found good data for Apidra side effects.FDA side effect reports for Apidra »
|How it works|
|Insulin is a hormone normally produced by your pancreas. It helps your body absorb and store sugar and fat from your bloodstream.||Coming soon.|
|Type of medication|
- › Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
|Detailed Humulin (human insulin) risks & warnings »||Coming soon.|
Research studies with animals haven’t found a risk to unborn babies, but it hasn’t been properly studied in humans.
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.
- › People on Humulin (Human Insulin) can experience weight gain. Talk to your doctor or dietitian about changing your diet if this bothers you.
|No weight related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Some types of this medication are available without a prescription.
- › Available as a shot to be injected into the fatty part of the skin, and as a powder to be inhaled through your nose.
- › Available in different combinations so that you can do one shot or multiple shots a day.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Has to be taken exactly as directed or it can cause high or low blood sugar.
- › As with all insulins, you have to work with your doctor closely to make sure you're giving yourself the correct dose, or you can have low or high blood sugar.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Change the location where you give yourself the shot every time.
- › Don't use if the liquid in the vial looks different than normal.
- › Store the unopened vials in the refrigerator. The used vials can be kept at room temperature for up to 28 days.
- › Take the medication exactly how your doctor tells you to.
- › Know the symptoms of low blood sugar.
|More about Human InsulinSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about ApidraSide effectsReviews & ratingsFDA package insert|