Compare Hydralazine vs. digoxin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Lanoxin (digoxin) is effective at treating heart failure symptoms, but it doesn't lower your risk of death compared to other heart failure medicines.
- Lanoxin (digoxin) is used for abnormal heart rhythms, and for heart failure that can't be controlled by other medications.
- Lanoxin (digoxin) does not need dose adjustments with people with liver problems.
- Lanoxin (digoxin) is available in a generic form.
- Lanoxin (digoxin) can be taken once daily.
- Lanoxin (digoxin) relieves heart failure symptoms, but doesn't lower your risk of death. It's usually used together with other medicines that help lower the risk of death in heart failure.
- Use of Lanoxin (digoxin) requires blood tests, especially during the first few weeks of treatment to monitor drug level in the body.
- If your blood levels of Lanoxin (digoxin) are too high, it can be life threatening.
- Lanoxin (digoxin) is usually not an option for people with kidney problems.
- Mental disturbances4%
- Increased heart rate2%
- Irregular heartbeat
History of heart problems
...and 2 more risk factors
- Digoxin toxicity
Low body weight
...and 3 more risk factors
- Thyroid imbalance
Overactive or underactive thyroid