Compare hydrochlorothiazide vs. Dyazide
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ)) is a well-tolerated water pill that's often the first-choice treatment for mild high blood pressure.
- Does a good job getting rid of extra fluids in your body by making you urinate more.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment. Works especially well for people of African descent.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Good option if you have high blood pressure and heart failure.
- Most people have very few side effects from Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ)).
- Can be good for patients with osteoporosis since it raises the body's level of calcium.
- Makes you urinate more often.
- Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ)) doesn't work well in people with severe kidney problems.
- It can increase the risk of gout attacks in people with poor kidney function or a history of gout.
- People with a sulfa allergy may be allergic to Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ)).
Have you used Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ))?Leave a review
- Dehydration and electrolyte imbalance
Current electrolyte imbalance
...and 2 more risk factors
- Severe allergic reactions
History of sulfa allergies
History of gout
...and 1 more risk factors
- Vision problems
History of sulfa or penicillin allergies
- Higher blood sugars