Compare Lisinopril vs. Bisoprolol
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Zestril (lisinopril) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function.
Zebeta (Bisoprolol) is usually given to people who have taken other blood pressure meds unsuccessfully or have recently had significant heart problems.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Very cheap drug, and comes available as a liquid for children over 6 years of age.
- Good for protecting the heart and lowering blood pressure if you've had a heart attack.
- Available in a generic version.
- Also comes in combination with other medications to lower blood pressure.
- Up to 10% of people can get a dry cough while using this medicine. It ranges from a mild tickle in the throat to a persistent hacking cough.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Zestril (lisinopril) isn't safe to use if you're pregnant.
- Doesn't work as well in people of African descent, and can cause a greater chance of face, tongue, or lip swelling.
- This isn't a first choice medication to lower blood pressure.
- You can't stop taking it suddenly, or else you're more likely to have a heart attack or other problems with your heart.
Have you used Zestril (lisinopril)?Leave a review
- Low blood pressure5%
- Harm to fetus
Women of childbearing age
- Swelling of face and head
- High potassium
Current kidney problems
...and 2 more risk factors
- Worsening kidney problems
History of kidney problems
- Low blood pressure
Taking with alcohol
...and 1 more risk factors
- Masked symptoms of low blood sugar
- Heart attack
Coronary artery disease
- Increased symptoms of heart failure
- Increased risks during surgery
Major surgery requiring anesthesia