|Coming soon.||Prevents blood clots. Plavix (Clopidogrel) works well to prevent blood clots and heart complications, but watch out for drug interactions.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
Reviews for Plavix (Clopidogrel)
+42% vs. Lodine (Etodolac)
+32% vs. Lodine (Etodolac)
+1% vs. Lodine (Etodolac)
We haven’t found good data for Lodine side effects.FDA side effect reports for Lodine »
|More Plavix side effects »|
|How it works|
|Coming soon.||Plavix (Clopidogrel) is an antiplatelet blood thinner. It prevents blood platelets from working, which makes it harder for your body to form blood clots.|
|Type of medication|
› Anti-plateletPrescription only
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- › Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis Osteoarthritis Pain Rheumatoid arthritis
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
- › Genetic variation (CYP2C19 poor metabolizer)
- › Drug-interactions
Detailed Plavix (Clopidogrel) risks & warnings »
- › Age greater than 65
- › History of gastrointestinal bleeding
- › High blood pressure
- › Liver problems
- › Drug interactions
- › Certain genetic disposition
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Thins your blood to protect your heart after a heart attack or after a procedure on your heart.
- › Studies have shown clopidogrel lowers your risk of death or further heart complications.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Raises your risk of bleeding and bruising.
- › Lots of interactions with other drugs or supplements. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before starting any new meds.
- › Doesn't work well for people with certain genetic variations.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Thins your blood to prevent clots from forming or getting bigger. Doesn't break up existing clots.
- › Can raise your risk of bleeding or bruising.
- › Take it exactly as instructed.
- › Interacts with a lot of medicines and supplements. Don't start any new meds without talking to your doctor.
- › Let your doctor know about any fever, weakness, or unusual bleeding or bruising.
|More about LodineSide effectsReviews & ratingsFDA package insert||More about PlavixSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert|