Compare Losartan vs. Betapace
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Cozaar (Losartan) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function like an ACE inhibitor, but with fewer side effects.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Similar to ACE inhibitors (like Lisinopril), with fewer side effects like cough and swelling.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
- Atrial arrhythmia Ventricular arrhythmia
- Life threatening
Have you used Cozaar (Losartan)?Leave a review
- Upper respiratory infection8%
- Back pain2%
- Nasal congestion2%
- Harm to fetus
Women of childbearing age
- Liver damage
Concurrent liver disease
- Heart problems due to high potassium
Current kidney problems
...and 2 more risk factors