Compare Lotensin HCT vs. Diovan HCT
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Diovan Hct (Valsartan / Hydrochlorothiazide) is a good 2-in-1 blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function like an ACE inhibitor, but with fewer side effects.
- Combination medicine for people with high blood pressure. Doctors might prescribe it when you need more than one medicine to control your blood pressure.
- The two drugs in Diovan HCT work together to lower blood pressure and remove extra water from your body.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Comes in fixed dosage strengths, so it's harder for your doctor to adjust your dose.
- Makes you urinate more often.
- Doesn't work as well in people with severe kidney problems.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
- Not for initial therapy
- Common cold2%
- Harm to fetus
Women of childbearing age
- Unusual tongue swelling
- Acute kidney failure
History of kidney disease
- Worsening lupus
History of lupus
- Increased lithium in the body
- Acute nearsightedness or glaucoma
Allergies to penicillin or sulfonamides
History of gout
...and 1 more risk factors
- Liver damage
History of liver disease