Compare Monopril vs. Altace
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Altace (ramipril) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects your kidney function. It's also a good option if you have trouble swallowing pills since you can open the capsules.
- Altace (ramipril) is a first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- It lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- It's recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Altace (ramipril) is the only ACE inhibitor that you can open and sprinkle in applesauce or water.
- Some people can get a dry cough while using this medicine. It ranges from a mild tickle in the throat to a persistent hacking cough.
- You'll need to get routine blood tests to see how this medicine is affecting your body.
- Women, be sure to use contraception while taking this medication since it can harm a fetus. It's also not safe to use if you're already pregnant.
- Hypertension heart failure
- Low blood pressure11%
- Increased cough8%
- Chest pain3%
- Low blood pressure when standing up2%
- Harm to fetus
Women of childbearing age
- Swelling of face and head
- High potassium
Current kidney problems
...and 2 more risk factors
- Worsening kidney problems
History of kidney problems