Compare Mucinex D vs. Robitussin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Mucinex D (Guaifenesin / Pseudoephedrine) is good if you have a stuffy nose and a cough with mucus, but it could keep you up at night.
Robitussin (Guaifenesin) is a useful medicine for loosening congestion in your chest and throat, but it doesn't last as long as other guaifenesin products.
- Mucinex D (Guaifenesin / Pseudoephedrine) is a combination medicine that relieves multiple cold symptoms. It's good to use if you have sinus and chest congestion.
- Helps loosen the mucus in your airways so that you can cough it up more easily.
- Works well to clear nasal congestion and help you breathe better.
- Robitussin (Guaifenesin) reduces the thickness and amount of mucus in your throat and chest.
- It’s available at the drugstore either by itself or in combination with other medications to treat cold and flu symptoms.
- Available in multiple forms.
- Can be used in children 12 years and older.
- Pseudoephedrine, the decongestant in Mucinex D (Guaifenesin / Pseudoephedrine), can make your heart race or make you feel anxious and restless.
- Doesn't work as well if you use it for more than 4 days at a time.
- Although you don't need a prescription to get Mucinex D (Guaifenesin / Pseudoephedrine), you need to show a photo ID to buy it in the drugstore.
- Mucinex D (Guaifenesin / Pseudoephedrine) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough.
- Robitussin (Guaifenesin) doesn't last as long as other products that contain guaifenesin. Mucinex's extended release form lasts 12 hours and Robitussin (Guaifenesin)'s lasts 8 hours.
- You need to drink a lot of fluids while taking this medication or it won't work as well.
- Robitussin (Guaifenesin) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough.
- Can cause nausea, headache, and an upset stomach.
- Extended release
Have you used Mucinex D (Guaifenesin / Pseudoephedrine)?Leave a review
- High blood pressure
History of high blood pressure
- Heart problems
History of heart problems
...and 1 more risk factors