Compare Mucinex DM vs. Codeine Guaifenesin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Mucinex Dm (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin) is okay for loosening congestion in your chest and throat, but it could prevent you from coughing the mucus up. It comes as an extended-release tablet and a short-acting liquid.
- Mucinex Dm (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin) is a combination medicine that relieves multiple cold symptoms. It's good to use if you have chest congestion and a cough.
- Helps loosen the mucus and phlegm that builds up in productive and wet coughs.
- The extended release version of Mucinex DM lasts up to 12 hours.
- Mucinex Dm (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough without mucus or phlegm.
- The two medications in this product could potentially work against each other. Guaifenesin makes mucus easier to cough up, while dextromethorphan (the "DM" in Mucinex Dm (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin)) stops you from coughing.
- Can cause sleepiness, dizziness, and an upset stomach.
- Extended release
Have you used Mucinex Dm (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin)?Leave a review
- Serotonin syndrome
Using other medications that affect serotonin