Compare Oleptro vs. Estazolam
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Improves mood and helps you sleep.
Oleptro (Trazodone) works well as a sleep aid, but has more side effects when used at higher doses for treating depression.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 59 reviewsforOleptro
Helps you stay asleep longer.
Prosom (estazolam) can help you sleep, but you might feel hungover the next day.
- Commonly used in lower doses to help treat sleep problems (insomnia).
- Safer sleep medication than others (benzodiazepines or Unisom) for people age 65 and older.
- Fewer sexual side effects than many other antidepressants.
- Has been used for sleep and depression for a long time. There's a lot of information available about how it works and how safe it is.
- Comes as a generic medication and is cheaper than many other sleep aides.
- Six out of ten people who use an antidepressant for the first time find that it works for them.
- Prosom (estazolam) is available in generic.
- Not as effective as other medications for depression.
- More sedating than other antidepressants.
- Causes more side effects when used at higher doses for depression. Includes sleepiness, dizziness, upset stomach, and irregular heartbeat.
- Like most antidepressants, can cause higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior for people age 24 and younger.
- The first antidepressant you try doesn't always work or it can cause side effects you really don't like. You might need to try a few different medications until you find one that works for you.
- Prosom (estazolam) isn't recommended if you're age 65 or older because the side effects can be more intense.
- You can become dependent on Prosom (estazolam) if you take it for more than a few weeks.
- If you stop Prosom (estazolam) suddenly after taking it for a while, your insomnia might come back even worse than when you started.
- Extended release
$4.00Find instant savings near you
No pricing information available
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
59 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Oleptro (Trazodone)?Leave a review
Not enough review data.Leave a review
29possible side effects
- Dry Mouth34%
- Dry mouth25%
- Blurred Vision15%
- Skin Condition/Edema7%
- Weight Loss6%
- Nasal/Sinus Congestion6%
- Abdominal/Gastric Disorder6%
- Musculoskeletal Aches/Pains5%
- Nightmares/Vivid Dreams5%
- Weight Gain5%
- Back pain5%
- Vision blurred5%
- Sexual dysfunction5%
- Ejaculation disorders2%
- Decreased libido2%
19possible side effects
- Difficulty controlling muscles8%
- Abnormal coordination4%
- Leg and foot pain3%
- Common cold symptoms3%
- Back pain2%
- Body pain2%
- Abnormal dreams2%
- Abnormal thoughts2%
Risks and risk factors
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Age 24 years or younger
- History of seizures
- Eating disorder
- Higher dose
- Drug interactions
- Painful erection
- Low blood pressure
- Age 65 years or older
- Driving impairment
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert
- Tolerance and addiction
- Using Prosom (estazolam) for more than 10 days
- Behavior changes
- Drinking alcohol
- Taking sedative medicines
- Hangover effect
- People age 65 or older
- Allergic reactions