|Improves mood and helps you sleep. Oleptro (Trazodone) works well as a sleep aid, but has more side effects when used at higher doses for treating depression.||Coming soon.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|No pricing data for this drug at this filter setting. Try searching onGoodRx|
|Reviews & ratings|
Reviews for Oleptro (Trazodone)
of people (All ages) say Oleptro (Trazodone) is worth it
say it works well
say it's a big hassle
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
|More Oleptro side effects »|
We haven’t found good data for Prosom side effects.FDA side effect reports for Prosom »
|How it works|
|Oleptro (Trazodone) is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRI) antidepressant. It increases serotonin activity in the brain, which regulates mood.||Coming soon.|
|Type of medication|
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
- › Age 24 years or younger
- › History of seizures
- › Alcoholism
- › Eating disorder
- › Higher dose
- › Drug interactions
Detailed Oleptro (Trazodone) risks & warnings »
- › Alcohol
- › Taking other medicines that make you less alert
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.
Research studies with real people or animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. If you’re pregnant, the risks to your unborn baby outweigh the benefits.
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Commonly used in lower doses to help treat sleep problems (insomnia).
- › Safer sleep medication than others (benzodiazepines or Unisom) for people age 65 and older.
- › Fewer sexual side effects than many other antidepressants.
- › Has been used for sleep and depression for a long time. There's a lot of information available about how it works and how safe it is.
- › Comes as a generic medication and is cheaper than many other sleep aides.
- › Six out of ten people who use an antidepressant for the first time find that it works for them.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Not as effective as other medications for depression.
- › More sedating than other antidepressants.
- › Causes more side effects when used at higher doses for depression. Includes sleepiness, dizziness, upset stomach, and irregular heartbeat.
- › Like most antidepressants, can cause higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior for people age 24 and younger.
- › The first antidepressant you try doesn't always work or it can cause side effects you really don't like. You might need to try a few different medications until you find one that works for you.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Makes you sleepy. Take at bedtime.
- › Can cause temporary dry mouth and upset stomach.
- › Seek medical attention for unwanted, persistent erection.
- › Tell your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or unusual thoughts.
|More about OleptroSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about ProsomSide effectsFDA package insert|