Compare Omega 3 Acid vs. Vytorin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Omega-3 Acid is good for lowering triglycerides (fats), but some people can't take it due to allergies.
Vytorin is expensive and is no more effective than simvastatin by itself.
- Lowers triglycerides (fats) when combined with exercise and a low cholesterol diet.
- In studies, Omega-3 Acid has lowered the risk of stroke and heart attack leading to death, especially in people with high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
- A 2-in-1 cholesterol-lowering combination medicine.
- Lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL) in people who have trouble doing this through diet and exercise.
- You can't take it if you're allergic to fish or shellfish.
- You have to take it with food.
- In clinical studies, simvastatin/ezetimibe hasn't controlled cholesterol better than simvastatin alone.
- There's no generic available, so it can be expensive.
Have you used Lovaza (Omega-3 Acid)?Leave a review
- Taste perversion4%
- Any side effect5%
- Increased ALT4%
- Upper respiratory tract infection4%
- Pain in extremity2%
- Allergic reactions
Allergy to fish or shellfish
- Heart flutter
- Muscle pain
Asian patients taking high-dose niacin
- Liver damage
Past history of liver disease
...and 1 more risk factors
- High blood sugar
- Harm to fetus