Compare Omega 3 Acid vs. Zetia
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Omega-3 Acid is good for lowering triglycerides (fats), but some people can't take it due to allergies.
Zetia (ezetimibe) can improve your cholesterol and can be used as an alternative to statins.
- Lowers triglycerides (fats) when combined with exercise and a low cholesterol diet.
- In studies, Omega-3 Acid has lowered the risk of stroke and heart attack leading to death, especially in people with high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
- Lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL) in people who have trouble doing this through diet and exercise.
- Can be used with other medicines to improve cholesterol.
- Available in a combination pill with simvastatin.
- Available as a generic.
- You can't take it if you're allergic to fish or shellfish.
- You have to take it with food.
- Doesn't lower triglycerides (fats).
- Hasn't been shown to lower the risk of heart attacks or heart disease.
- By itself, it isn't as effective as statins for improving cholesterol.
Have you used Lovaza (Omega-3 Acid)?Leave a review
- Taste perversion4%
- Common cold4%
- Sore throat4%
- Sinus infection3%
- Joint pain3%
- Pain in arms and legs3%
- Muscle pain3%
- Abnormal liver tests3%
- Allergic reactions
Allergy to fish or shellfish
- Heart flutter
- Muscle pain
Taking Zetia (ezetimibe) with statins
- Abnormal liver blood tests
Past history of liver disease
...and 1 more risk factors