Compare perphenazine vs. fluphenazine decanoate
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Trilafon (perphenazine) is a good medicine for schizophrenia, but it can make you gain weight.
Prolixin Decanoate (fluphenazine decanoate) is long-acting medicine for stabilizing your mood that must be given by a trained healthcare professional.
- Trilafon (perphenazine) can be much cheaper than other medicines.
- Trilafon (perphenazine) is less likely to cause heart problems or changes in blood pressure.
- Can be given less frequently than the oral, short-acting version.
- Available in generic.
- You're more likely to gain weight.
- You can be more sensitive to temperature changes.
- You're more likely to catch colds and flu.
- Can make you sensitive to the sun.
- Can affect how your body regulates your temperature.
- Can only be used if you're already stable on the short-acting version of this medicine.
- Higher risk of death
People age 65 or older with dementia and psychosis
Drinking alcohol or taking narcotics
- Increased risk of death
People over 65 with dementia and psychosis
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
Taking antipsychotic medications