|Prevents blood clots. Plavix (Clopidogrel) works well to prevent blood clots and heart complications, but watch out for drug interactions.||Coming soon.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
Reviews for Plavix (Clopidogrel)
of people say Plavix (Clopidogrel) is worth it
say it works well
say it's a big hassle
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
|More Plavix side effects »|
We haven’t found good data for Pletal side effects.FDA side effect reports for Pletal »
|How it works|
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) is an antiplatelet blood thinner. It prevents blood platelets from working, which makes it harder for your body to form blood clots.||Coming soon.|
|Type of medication|
› Anti-plateletPrescription only
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- › Intermittent claudication
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
- › Genetic variation (CYP2C19 poor metabolizer)
- › Drug-interactions
Detailed Plavix (Clopidogrel) risks & warnings »
- › Age greater than 65
- › History of gastrointestinal bleeding
- › High blood pressure
- › Liver problems
- › Drug interactions
- › Certain genetic disposition
BFDA pregnancy category (Probably safe)
Research studies with animals haven’t found a risk to unborn babies, but it hasn’t been properly studied in humans.See the FDA package insert
CFDA pregnancy category (Weigh risks vs. benefits)
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.See the FDA package insert
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Thins your blood to protect your heart after a heart attack or after a procedure on your heart.
- › Studies have shown clopidogrel lowers your risk of death or further heart complications.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Raises your risk of bleeding and bruising.
- › Lots of interactions with other drugs or supplements. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before starting any new meds.
- › Doesn't work well for people with certain genetic variations.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Thins your blood to prevent clots from forming or getting bigger. Doesn't break up existing clots.
- › Can raise your risk of bleeding or bruising.
- › Take it exactly as instructed.
- › Interacts with a lot of medicines and supplements. Don't start any new meds without talking to your doctor.
- › Let your doctor know about any fever, weakness, or unusual bleeding or bruising.
|More about PlavixSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about PletalSide effectsFDA package insert|