|Prevents blood clots. Plavix (Clopidogrel) works well to prevent blood clots and heart complications, but watch out for drug interactions.||Coming soon.|
|How it works|
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) is an antiplatelet blood thinner. It prevents blood platelets from working, which makes it harder for your body to form blood clots.||Coming soon.|
|Type of medication|
› Anti-plateletPrescription only
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- › Intermittent claudication
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
Reviews for Plavix (Clopidogrel)
of people say Plavix (Clopidogrel) is worth it
say it works well
say it's a big hassle
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
|More Plavix side effects »|
We haven’t found good data for Pletal side effects.FDA side effect reports for Pletal »
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
- › Genetic variation (CYP2C19 poor metabolizer)
- › Drug-interactions
Detailed Plavix (Clopidogrel) risks & warnings »
- › Age greater than 65
- › History of gastrointestinal bleeding
- › High blood pressure
- › Liver problems
- › Drug interactions
- › Certain genetic disposition
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Thins your blood to protect your heart after a heart attack or after a procedure on your heart.
- › Studies have shown clopidogrel lowers your risk of death or further heart complications.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Raises your risk of bleeding and bruising.
- › Lots of interactions with other drugs or supplements. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before starting any new meds.
- › Doesn't work well for people with certain genetic variations.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Thins your blood to prevent clots from forming or getting bigger. Doesn't break up existing clots.
- › Can raise your risk of bleeding or bruising.
- › Take it exactly as instructed.
- › Interacts with a lot of medicines and supplements. Don't start any new meds without talking to your doctor.
- › Let your doctor know about any fever, weakness, or unusual bleeding or bruising.
|More about PlavixSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about PletalSide effectsFDA package insert|