Compare Propranolol vs. Sanctura
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Inderal (Propranolol) is good for treating many heart problems and other problems in the body, but it has more side effects than other beta blockers. You can't miss doses.
Sanctura (trospium) is a good treatment for overactive bladder after exercises when other methods to control it haven't worked.
- A first-choice treatment to prevent chest pain (angina).
- A first-choice treatment for heart failure, heart attack, heart valve disorders, and abnormal heart rhythm.
- Also treats and prevents many non-heart problems, such as tremors, anxiety, migraines, and liver disease symptoms.
- Sanctura (trospium) is effective at treating overactive bladder.
- Sanctura (trospium) may be a better choice if you have liver problems.
- Sanctura (trospium) is available as a generic.
- Taking a beta blocker might make you feel more tired or out of breath during exercise or normal daily routines. This gets better for most people, but for some might not go away.
- Has more side effects than some beta blockers because it crosses into the brain and central nervous system.
- Not a first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have heart failure or heart disease. As a second choice, your doctor might add it to medicines you're already taking if your blood pressure is still too high.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Propranolol suddenly can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- You have to take Sanctura (trospium) on an empty stomach.
- You may need to take Sanctura (trospium) twice a day.
- Sanctura (trospium) can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and increase your risk for falls.
- Generally not recommended if you older than 65.
- Extended release
- Extended release
Have you used Inderal (Propranolol)?Leave a review
- Dry mouth11%
- Dry eyes2%
- Increased chest pain or risk of heart attack
Suddenly stopping Inderal (Propranolol)
- Increased risks during surgery
Major surgery requiring anesthesia
- Masked symptoms of low blood sugar
- Low blood pressure
Concurrent use of non-dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers, digoxin or clonidine
- Difficulty concentrating
Taking with alcohol
...and 2 more risk factors
- Vision changes
- Urinary retention
Bladder outflow obstruction
- Increased side effects
History of kidney problems
...and 1 more risk factors
- Heat exhaustion
Outside in hot weather
...and 3 more risk factors