|Prevents bone loss. Reclast (Zoledronate) is a first-choice treatment for osteoporosis and is available as a generic, but you have to see a doctor to get each dose.||Coming soon.|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|No pricing data for this drug at this filter setting. Try searching onGoodRx|
|Reviews & ratings|
Reviews for Reclast (Zoledronate)
of people say Reclast (Zoledronate) is worth it
say it works well
say it's a big hassle
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
More Reclast side effects »
Muscle pain 13%
Pain in jaw 12%
Joint pain 8%
We haven’t found good data for calcitonin side effects.FDA side effect reports for calcitonin »
|How it works|
|Reclast (Zoledronate) is a bisphosphonate. It slows down osteoclasts, the cells that break down bone. This results in greater bone mass and lowers the possibility of fractures.||Coming soon.|
|Type of medication|
|BisphosphonatePrescription only||Coming soon.|
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- › Hypercalcemia Paget's disease Postmenopausal osteoporosis
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
Detailed Reclast (Zoledronate) risks & warnings »
- › Oral or dental surgery
- › Cancer
- › Poor oral hygiene
DFDA pregnancy category (Weigh risks vs. benefits)
Research studies with real people found harmful effects on unborn babies, but the benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.See the FDA package insert
CFDA pregnancy category (Weigh risks vs. benefits)
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.See the FDA package insert
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Available in generic.
- › You only have to take this once a year.
|Downsides and risks|
- › You have to go to your doctor's office or an infusion center to get each dose by IV infusion.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Given as an intravenous infusion.
- › Eat normally and drink at least two glasses of liquid before your infusion.
- › Talk to your doctor if you develop swelling, pain, or a sore in your jaw.
- › Call your doctor if you develop pain in your hips, thighs or legs.
- › You can take acetaminophen (Tylenol) to lower fever and chills from the infusion.
- › If you have to have dental or oral surgery, tell your surgeon that you're taking this medication.
- › Drink plenty of liquids while you're on this medication.
|More about ReclastSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about calcitoninSide effectsFDA package insert|