Compare Robaxin vs. Norflex
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Robaxin (methocarbamol) effectively relieves muscle spasms, but it can cause drowsiness and interfere with your ability to drive.
- Effective for relieving muscle spasms and pain.
- For those with trouble swallowing, the pills can be crushed and mixed with food or liquid.
- Available in generic form and cheaper than other muscle relaxants.
- Might be a better treatment option for those with a history of drug abuse since Robaxin (methocarbamol) has a low potential for causing addiction and dependence.
- Robaxin (methocarbamol) can make you sleepy so you might not be able to drive or do certain activities requiring concentration.
- Need to take a few times throughout the day to maintain effect.
- Might not be safe to use in people age 65 or older due to increased sensitivity to side effects such as drowsiness.
- Researches do not know the safety and effectiveness of Robaxin (methocarbamol) in people under age 16.
- Can be dangerous when used together with other medicines that also cause drowsiness such as narcotics.
- Extended release
Taking other medicines that also cause drowsiness
...and 2 more risk factors
- Harm to fetus (unborn baby)
Women who want to or can become pregnant
...and 1 more risk factors