Compare Robitussin Multi-Symptom Cold CF vs. Robitussin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Robitussin Multi-Symptom Cold Cf (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine) is okay for loosening congestion in your throat and sinuses, but it could prevent you from coughing the mucus up.
Robitussin (Guaifenesin) is a useful medicine for loosening congestion in your chest and throat, but it doesn't last as long as other guaifenesin products.
- Robitussin Multi-Symptom Cold Cf (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine) is a combination medicine that relieves multiple cold symptoms. It's good to use if you have a stuffy nose, congestion, and a cough.
- Helps loosen the mucus and phlegm that builds up in productive and wet coughs.
- The decongestant (phenylephrine) has fewer side effects than other decongestants like pseudoephedrine. It doesn't raise your blood pressure and heart rate as much, or cause as much trouble falling asleep.
- Robitussin (Guaifenesin) reduces the thickness and amount of mucus in your throat and chest.
- It’s available at the drugstore either by itself or in combination with other medications to treat cold and flu symptoms.
- Available in multiple forms.
- Can be used in children 12 years and older.
- Robitussin Multi-Symptom Cold Cf (Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough without mucus or phlegm.
- Two of the medications in this product could potentially work against each other. Guaifenesin makes mucus easier to cough up, while dextromethorphan stops you from coughing.
- Phenylephrine doesn't last as long as other oral decongestants like pseudoephedrine.
- You shouldn't use it if you have high blood pressure.
- Robitussin (Guaifenesin) doesn't last as long as other products that contain guaifenesin. Mucinex's extended release form lasts 12 hours and Robitussin (Guaifenesin)'s lasts 8 hours.
- You need to drink a lot of fluids while taking this medication or it won't work as well.
- Robitussin (Guaifenesin) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough.
- Can cause nausea, headache, and an upset stomach.
- Serotonin syndrome
Using other medications that affect serotonin
- High blood pressure
History of high blood pressure
...and 1 more risk factors
- Harm to unborn babies
Women of childbearing age