Compare Rozerem vs. Doxepin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you fall asleep.
Rozerem (ramelteon) is a good sleep medicine that's not addictive, but it can be expensive.
Helps you stop itching.
Zonalon (Doxepin) works well treating itchy skin, but could make you sleepy.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) isn't a controlled medicine, and it's safe to use in people age 65 or older.
- If you stop taking Rozerem (ramelteon) suddenly, your insomnia won't come back.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) won't make you feel hungover or groggy the next day.
- In clinical trials, Zonalon (Doxepin) was found to be the most effective cream for treating itchy skin.
- You can use Zonalon (Doxepin) for up to 8 days at a time.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available as a brand name.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available in 1 strength.
- If you take Rozerem (ramelteon) on a full stomach, it won't work as well.
- Not recommended for children.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) can't be used if you have sleep apnea.
- You need a prescription for Zonalon (Doxepin).
- It isn't available as a generic, so it could be kind of pricey.
- Zonalon (Doxepin) can make you sleepy.
- Zonalon (Doxepin) can interact with other medications, vitamins, or alternative treatments.
- Skin intching (moderate)
- Cream, gel, or ointment
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at Kroger, Albertsons, Safeway, and other pharmacies.
5possible side effects
- Worsening insomnia3%
The Zonalon (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and warnings
- Breathing problems
...and 1 more risk factors