Compare Rozerem vs. Estazolam
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you fall asleep.
Rozerem (ramelteon) is a good sleep medicine that's not addictive, but it can be expensive.
Helps you stay asleep longer.
Prosom (estazolam) can help you sleep, but you might feel hungover the next day.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) isn't a controlled medicine, and it's safe to use in people age 65 or older.
- If you stop taking Rozerem (ramelteon) suddenly, your insomnia won't come back.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) won't make you feel hungover or groggy the next day.
- Prosom (estazolam) is available in generic.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available as a brand name.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available in 1 strength.
- If you take Rozerem (ramelteon) on a full stomach, it won't work as well.
- Not recommended for children.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) can't be used if you have sleep apnea.
- Prosom (estazolam) isn't recommended if you're age 65 or older because the side effects can be more intense.
- You can become dependent on Prosom (estazolam) if you take it for more than a few weeks.
- If you stop Prosom (estazolam) suddenly after taking it for a while, your insomnia might come back even worse than when you started.
$374.33Find instant savings near you
No pricing information available
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
5possible side effects
- Worsening insomnia3%
19possible side effects
- Difficulty controlling muscles8%
- Abnormal coordination4%
- Leg and foot pain3%
- Common cold symptoms3%
- Back pain2%
- Body pain2%
- Abnormal dreams2%
- Abnormal thoughts2%
Risks and risk factors
- Severe allergic reaction
- Behavior changes
- Breathing problems
- Taking narcotics, tranquilizers, or antihistamines
- Hormonal changes
- Tolerance and addiction
- Using Prosom (estazolam) for more than 10 days
- Behavior changes
- Drinking alcohol
- Taking sedative medicines
- Hangover effect
- People age 65 or older
- Allergic reactions