Compare Silenor vs. Dalmane
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you relax, and sleep.
Doxepin is a non-addictive way to help people stay asleep, but it comes with a list of side effects.
Helps you fall asleep.
Dalmane (flurazepam) helps you fall asleep, but its effect can carry over to the next day and be addictive.
- In a clinical trial Doxepin was able to significantly improve sleep quality.
- Doxepin helps improve your appetite, energy level, and sense of well-being, which increases your interests.
- Once your body gets used to Doxepin, most of the side effects go away.
- Doxepin comes in a generic form, so it is pretty cheap.
- Doxepin is not addictive.
- Dalmane (flurazepam) works 15-30 minutes after taking it.
- Dalmane (flurazepam) is available in generic.
- Some people taking Doxepin walk, drive, eat, and have sex while sleeping. Be sure to tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- Doxepin can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain.
- Taking Doxepin can make emptying your bladder difficult.
- Some people have suicidal thoughts when taking Doxepin.
- Doxepin can interact with many different medications, vitamins, and alternative treatments.
- Can make you feel sleepy and unable to concentrate the next day. This hangover effect is especially worse for women and elderly.
- Should only be used short-term because it can be addicting.
- Can cause sleep-walking or other sleep-related activities that you may not remember doing the next day.
- Alcoholism - Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression - Psychoneurotic personality disorder Insomnia Pruritus (Moderate)
- Due to atopic dermatitis or lichen simplex chronicus
$9.99Find instant savings near you
No pricing information available
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
The Silenor (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
The Dalmane (flurazepam) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
No information currently available
- Behavior changes
- Taking narcotics, tranquilizers or antihistamines
- Allergic reactions
- Hangover effect
- Over age 65
- Abuse and addiction