Compare Simbrinza vs. Pilocarpine
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Simbrinza ia an effective two medicine combination that is used when one medication alone is not effective, and you are looking for ease of using both medications in one drop.
A very effective first line treatment for increased eye pressure. Lowering eye pressure back to normal may prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- Simbrinza may be more effective because it contains two medications
- It is easier to take two medications in one drop.
- pilocarpine is often used with other drugs to control eye pressure.
- Simbrinza may cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic..
- You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop
- Remove contact lenses and leave out for 15 minutes after using the the eyedrop
- Not used in children under 2 years of age
- pilocarpine causes the pupil of the eye to become smaller, and may cause dim vision, especially at night, therefore driving at night may be impaired.
- Ocular hypertension Open-angle glaucoma
- Head and neck cancer - Radiation-induced xerostomia Raised intraocular pressure Sjögren's syndrome - Xerostomia
- Eye drops
- Eye drops