|lowers eye pressure Simbrinza ia an effective two medicine combination that is used when one medication alone is not effective, and you are looking for ease of using both medications in one drop.||Lowers eye pressure. Xalatan (Latanoprost) lowers high pressure in the eye well and helps prevent glaucoma.|
|How it works|
|Simbrinza decreases the production of fluids within the eye, and increases the flow of fluids out of the eye.||Xalatan (Latanoprost) reduces high pressure inside the eye. If not treated, the pressure can cause glaucoma and eventual blindness.|
|Type of medication|
› Prostaglandin agonistPrescription only
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- › Ocular hypertension Open-angle glaucoma
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
We haven’t found good data for Simbrinza side effects.FDA side effect reports for Simbrinza »
We haven’t found good data for Xalatan side effects.FDA side effect reports for Xalatan »
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
Detailed Xalatan (Latanoprost) risks & warnings »
- › Replacing contact lenses to soon
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Simbrinza may be more effective because it contains two medications
- › It is easier to take two medications in one drop.
- › It's easy to use and you only need to give yourself one drop each day in the evening.
- › Can be used along with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- › Xalatan (Latanoprost) is available generically.
- › Xalatan (Latanoprost) can increase the length, thickness, and number of your eyelashes.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Simbrinza may cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic..
- › You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop
- › Remove contact lenses and leave out for 15 minutes after using the the eyedrop
- › Not used in children under 2 years of age
- › Xalatan (Latanoprost) can turn the colored part of your eye and your eyelashes brown.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Wash hands before putting drops in eyes.
- › Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- › If you wear contacts remove them and wait 15 minutes, after putting the drop in eye, to replace them.
- › After instilling drops in the eye, press one finger to the inner corner of eye, by the nose, and press lightly for 1 minute.
- › Wash your hands before putting drops in your eyes.
- › Don't touch the dropper tip to your eye or with your hands.
- › If you wear contacts, remove them and wait 15 minutes after putting the drop in your eye, to put your contacts back in.
- › After putting drops in the eye, press one finger to the inner corner of eye, by the nose, and press lightly for 1 minute.
- › If using this with another eyedrop medication, wait five minutes between using them.
|More about SimbrinzaSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about XalatanSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert|