Compare Tenex vs. Nadolol
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Tenex (Guanfacine) can be used to treat both blood pressure and ADHD, but it's not recommended as a first-line treatment for either problem.
- The same medication treats two different things, high blood pressure and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- It's not a "controlled medication".
- Used to control ADHD when stimulant medications haven't worked or can't be used due to other medical problems.
- Available as a generic medication, so it should be more affordable than other options.
- Doesn't control ADHD as well as stimulants do, so it's used as a second-line medication.
- Not a preferred drug to control blood pressure.
- Can't be stopped suddenly, especially for blood pressure, since the blood pressure can dramatically increase.
- Not for initial therapy
- Extended release
- Dry Mouth10%
- Any side effect5%
Taking other medications that cause sedation or sleepiness
- Rebound high blood pressure
Stopping Tenex (Guanfacine) suddenly to treat high blood pressure