|Coming soon.||lowers eye pressure An effective control of high pressure within the eye when used alone or with other eye medications. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.|
|How it works|
|Coming soon.||Betagan reduces the pressure inside the eye, which is a cause of glaucoma, and can lead to blindness if not corrected.|
|Type of medication|
|Coming soon.||Coming soon.|
- Eye drops
- Extended release
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- Hypertension Migraine; Prophylaxis Ocular hypertension Open-angle glaucoma Postmyocardial infarction syndrome; Prophylaxis
- Raised intraocular pressure
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
We haven’t found good data for timolol side effects.FDA side effect reports for timolol »
We haven’t found good data for Betagan side effects.FDA side effect reports for Betagan »
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- Betagan may be used with other eye drops to control high pressure within the eye.
- If caught in time the reduction of pressure in the eye can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
|Downsides and risks|
- Betagan may cause blurred vision, short term.
- It is generally not used if you have asthma, COPD or other lung conditions.
- It is generally not used if you have a slow heart rate or other heart conditions.
- There are more side effects than many other eye medications.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- Wash hands before putting drops in eyes.
- Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- If you wear contacts remove them and wait 15 minutes, after putting the drop in eye, to replace them.
- After instilling drops in the eye, press one finger to the inner corner of eye, by the nose, and press lightly for 1 minute.
|More about timololSide effectsFDA package insert||More about BetaganSide effectsAlternativesFDA package insert|