Compare Topamax vs. Myrbetriq
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Qudexy Xr (Topiramate) is useful for preventing seizures and migraines, and doesn't require blood tests while you're on it.
Myrbetriq (mirabegron) is a good treatment for overactive bladder with the least chance for dry mouth and constipation, but talk to your doctor if you have high blood pressure.
- Used on its own or with other antiepileptic medicines to lower the frequency of seizures, especially for people with tonic-clonic or partial seizures, or Lennox-Gestaut syndrome.
- Helpful in preventing frequent migraine headaches.
- Doesn't need routine blood tests.
- Myrbetriq (mirabegron) helps you to have better control over your urination.
- Myrbetriq (mirabegron) causes less drowsiness and constipation than other medicines for overactive bladder.
- May be used if you have glaucoma.
- Myrbetriq (mirabegron) may be safer to use if you are over 65 years old.
- Can cause sleepiness, speech problems, tingling sensations, and weight loss.
- A few people will get kidney stones.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
- Myrbetriq (mirabegron) might raise your blood pressure.
- If you have an obstruction in your bladder, Myrbetriq (mirabegron) might make you retain more urine.
- Myrbetriq (mirabegron) may be very expensive depending on your insurance.
- Not recommended if you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- Extended release capsule
- Extended release
Have you used Qudexy Xr (Topiramate)?Leave a review
- Speech disorders/Related speech problems13%
- Psychomotor slowing13%
- Vision abnormal13%
- Difficulty with memory12%
- High blood pressure11%
- Common cold symptoms4%
- Urinary tract infection4%
- Chest cold infection2%
- Joint pain2%
- Rapid heart beat2%
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
History of depression
- Uncontrolled body temperature
- Mental changes due to high ammonia
History of metabolic disorders
...and 1 more risk factors
- Kidney stones
...and 2 more risk factors
- Withdrawal seizures
Stopping Qudexy Xr (Topiramate) suddenly
- Increased blood pressure
Untreated high blood pressure
- Urinary retention
Bladder outlet obstruction