|Controls glaucoma. An effective controller of high pressure in the eye. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.|
|How it works|
|Travatan (Travoprost) reduces pressure inside the eye, which is a cause of glaucoma, and can lead to blindness if not corrected.|
|Type of medication|
|Used for (click to learn more)|
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
Not enough reviews for this drug. Help someone out, leave a review!
We haven’t found good data for Travatan side effects.FDA side effect reports for Travatan »
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
Detailed Travatan (Travoprost) risks & warnings »
- › Replacing contact lenses to soon
CFDA pregnancy category (Weigh risks vs. benefits)
Research studies with animals found harmful effects on unborn babies. It hasn’t been properly studied in humans. The benefits might outweigh the risks even if you’re pregnant. Talk with your doctor.See the FDA package insert
|No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Easy to use, with one drop daily in the evening.
- › Can use with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- › Available as a generic, which is cheaper.
|Downsides and risks|
- › Can cause your eye and eyelashes to appear more brown, regardless of their original color.
- › Can increase the length, thickness and number of eyelashes.
- › For long term use you may need Travatan-z, which is not available as a generic, so it can be expensive.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Wash your hands before putting drops in your eyes.
- › Don’t touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- › If you wear contacts, take them out first and wait 15 minutes after you use the dropper before you replace them.
- › After putting the drop in your eye, press one finger to the inner corner and press lightly for 1 minute.
- › If you use another eye drop, wait 5 minutes between drops.
|More about TravatanSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert|