|Controls glaucoma. An effective controller of high pressure in the eye. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.||lowers eye pressure An effective control of high pressure within the eye when used alone or with other eye medications | Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset glaucoma.|
|How it works|
|Travatan (Travoprost) reduces pressure inside the eye, which is a cause of glaucoma, and can lead to blindness if not corrected.||Decreases the production of fluids within the eye|
|Type of medication|
|Coming soon.||Coming soon.|
|Used for (click to learn more)|
- › Raised intraocular pressure
|Find lowest prices|
Save on your next prescription. Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
|Reviews & ratings|
We haven’t found good data for Travatan side effects.FDA side effect reports for Travatan »
We haven’t found good data for Trusopt side effects.FDA side effect reports for Trusopt »
|Risk factors for serious side effects|
Detailed Travatan (Travoprost) risks & warnings »
- › Replacing contact lenses to soon
|No specific alcohol-related info.||No specific alcohol-related info.|
|No specific food-related info.||No specific food-related info.|
|Kidneys and liver|
|No specific kidneys and liver-related info.||No specific kidneys and liver-related info.|
|No specific sex-related info.||No specific sex-related info.|
|No specific sleep-related info.||No specific sleep-related info.|
|No specific weight-related info.||No specific weight-related info.|
|Upsides and benefits|
- › Easy to use, with one drop daily in the evening.
- › Can use with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- › Available as a generic, which is cheaper.
- › May be used with other eye drops to control high pressure with the eye
|Downsides and risks|
- › Can cause your eye and eyelashes to appear more brown, regardless of their original color.
- › Can increase the length, thickness and number of eyelashes.
- › For long term use you may need Travatan-z, which is not available as a generic, so it can be expensive.
- › dorzolamide may cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic.
- › You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop.
- › remove contact lense, and leave out for 15 minutes after using the the eyedrop.
- › dorzolamide is not used in children under 2 years of age.
|Tips from our pharmacists for people taking the medication|
- › Wash your hands before putting drops in your eyes.
- › Don’t touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- › If you wear contacts, take them out first and wait 15 minutes after you use the dropper before you replace them.
- › After putting the drop in your eye, press one finger to the inner corner and press lightly for 1 minute.
- › If you use another eye drop, wait 5 minutes between drops.
- › Wash hands before putting drops in eyes.
- › Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- › If you wear contacts remove them and wait 15 minutes, after putting the drop in eye, to replace them.
- › After instilling drops in the eye, press one finger to the inner corner of eye, by the nose, and press lightly for 1 minute.
|More about TravatanSide effectsReviews & ratingsAlternativesFDA package insert||More about TrusoptSide effectsAlternativesFDA package insert|