Compare Trusopt vs. Pilocarpine
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
An effective control of high pressure within the eye when used alone or with other eye medications | Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset glaucoma.
A very effective first line treatment for increased eye pressure. Lowering eye pressure back to normal may prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- May be used with other eye drops to control high pressure with the eye
- pilocarpine is often used with other drugs to control eye pressure.
- dorzolamide may cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic.
- You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop.
- remove contact lense, and leave out for 15 minutes after using the the eyedrop.
- dorzolamide is not used in children under 2 years of age.
- pilocarpine causes the pupil of the eye to become smaller, and may cause dim vision, especially at night, therefore driving at night may be impaired.
- Raised intraocular pressure
- In patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma
- Head and neck cancer - Radiation-induced xerostomia Raised intraocular pressure Sjögren's syndrome - Xerostomia
- Eye drops
- Eye drops