Compare Xalatan vs. Carbachol
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Lowers eye pressure.
Xalatan (Latanoprost) lowers high pressure in the eye well and helps prevent glaucoma.
lowers eye pressure
A very effective first line treatment for increased eye pressure. Lowering eye pressure back to normal may prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- It's easy to use and you only need to give yourself one drop each day in the evening.
- Can be used along with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) is available generically.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can increase the length, thickness, and number of your eyelashes.
- Works the same as Pilocarpine but is somewhat stronger.
- Can be used with other medications in the eye.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can turn the colored part of your eye and your eyelashes brown.
- carbachol causes the pupil of the eye to become smaller, and may cause dim vision, especially at night, therefore driving at night may be impaired.
- Glaucoma Miosis induction - Surgical procedure Ocular hypertension
- Eye drops
- Eye drops
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
The Xalatan (Latanoprost) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
The Miostat (Carbachol) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Darkening of lenses
- Replacing contact lenses to soon
- Darkening of lashes
- Long term use
No information currently available