Compare Xalatan vs. Iopidine
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Lowers eye pressure.
Xalatan (Latanoprost) lowers high pressure in the eye well and helps prevent glaucoma.
Lowers eye pressure
.Iopidine is used before and after laser surgery to prevent increased eye pressure due to the surgery.
- It's easy to use and you only need to give yourself one drop each day in the evening.
- Can be used along with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) is available generically.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can increase the length, thickness, and number of your eyelashes.
- Iopidine helps to get better results from laser surgery.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can turn the colored part of your eye and your eyelashes brown.
- May cause changes in your heart rate, slower or pounding.
- may cause shortness of breath.
- Laser surgery - Ocular hypertension
- Postsurgical; Treatment and Prophylaxis Raised intraocular pressure; Adjunct
- Eye drops
- Eye drops
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at Kroger, Albertsons, Safeway, and other pharmacies.
The Xalatan (Latanoprost) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
The Iopidine (Apraclonidine) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and warnings
- Darkening of lenses
Replacing contact lenses to soon
- Darkening of lashes
Long term use
No information currently available