Prevents blood clots that can cause a stroke.
Our bottom line
Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole) prevents blood clots and stroke, but cheaper options are available that work just as well.
- (1) 60 capsules of 25mg/200mg dose pack
- Cost for (1) 60 capsules of 25mg/200mg dose pack of Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole) at pharmacies
- $405.60New price:$141.96Save:65%
- Rite-Aid$403.95New price:$173.70Save:57%
- $397.81New price:$298.36Save:25%
- This helps to prevent strokes for people who had a stroke or TIA (transient ischemic attack) before.
- In clinical studies, Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole) lowered the chance of another stroke for a person with a previous stroke or mini-stroke (TIA) by 36%.
- Works better than either aspirin or dipyridamole alone to prevent strokes.
- Works as well as Plavix (clopidogrel), another antiplatelet medication, to prevent stroke.
- Raises your risk for bleeding and bruising.
- Has to be taken twice a day unlike Plavix that only has to be taken once daily.
- Can be more expensive than other alternatives that are available as a generic.
- Can't be used by people with an aspirin allergy, or a history of stomach ulcers.
What to expect when you take Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole) for AnticoagulantSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole)
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
Risks and Warnings for Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Children 18 years or younger recovering from viral infections
Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole) use is linked to a condition called Reye's syndrome that causes liver and brain swelling. This is rare but very serious. Let your doctor know about any nausea, vomiting, unusually low energy, or changes in behavior.
Common concerns from people taking Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Do not crush or chew capsules. Can take with or without food.
- Do not use Aggrenox (Aspirin / Dipyridamole) if you have severe kidney disease.