Makes it easier to breathe.
Our bottom line
Ventolin (Albuterol) is good at stopping asthma attacks and helping you breathe.
- Stops asthma attacks.
- Can also help prevent asthma attacks caused by exercise.
- While there are technically no generic versions of Albuterol, there are many competing brands, which keeps prices pretty low.
- Can make your heart race temporarily.
Ventolin (Albuterol) is a bronchodilator. It relaxes the muscles that tighten your lungs during an asthma attack. This opens airways and makes breathing easier.
What to expect when you take Ventolin (albuterol) for AsthmaSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Ventolin (albuterol)
- Abnormally fast heart beat
- Heart pounding or racing sensation
- Increased blood pressure
Risks and Warnings for Ventolin (albuterol)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using new canister for the first time
Rare reports of worsening asthma attacks have been reported when people start a new canister of Ventolin (Albuterol) for the first time. If this happens, call 911 or your doctor immediately.
Common concerns from people taking Ventolin (albuterol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take if after interaction with cat or when sick with chest cold.
- Can cause heart racing, headache, and chest pain.