Makes it easier to breathe.
Our bottom line
Ventolin (Albuterol) is good at stopping asthma attacks and helping you breathe.
- Stops asthma attacks.
- Can also help prevent asthma attacks caused by exercise.
- While there are technically no generic versions of Albuterol, there are many competing brands, which keeps prices pretty low.
- Can make your heart race temporarily.
Save on your next Ventolin (Albuterol) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (25) 3ml of 2.5mg/3ml vial
- Cost for (25) 3ml of 2.5mg/3ml vials of Ventolin (Albuterol) at pharmacies
- $18.51New price:$8.33Save:55%
- Kroger Pharmacy$15.09New price:$8.60Save:43%
- Kmart$22.77New price:$10.70Save:53%
- $29.72New price:$10.70Save:64%
What to expect when you take Ventolin (Albuterol) for AsthmaSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Carry your rescue inhaler with you at all times to stop an asthma attack.
- Wait at least one minute between sprays.
- Wash the mouthpiece at least once a week.
- Talk to your doctor if you're using this more than prescribed or expected.
- Can cause heart racing, headache, and chest pain.
- If you're having to use your rescue inhaler more than twice a week, you might need an additional medication to control your asthma better.
Side effects for Ventolin (Albuterol)
From clinical trials of Albuterol / Any condition ( 147)
- TremorTremor15% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- NauseaNausea15% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- Abnormally fast heart beatAbnormally fast heart beat10% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- Heart pounding or racing sensationHeart pounding or racing sensation10% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- NervousnessNervousness10% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- Increased blood pressureIncreased blood pressure5% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- DizzinessDizziness5% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
- HeartburnHeartburn5% for Albuterol vs.0% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Deep skin swelling
- Propharyngeal edema
Risks and Warnings for Ventolin (Albuterol)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using new canister for the first time
Rare reports of worsening asthma attacks have been reported when people start a new canister of Ventolin (Albuterol) for the first time. If this happens, call 911 or your doctor immediately.