Treats allergy symptoms.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Allegra (Fexofenadine) relieves allergy symptoms without making you feel drowsy.
- Relieves allergy symptoms, like sneezing, runny nose, and itching.
- Approved to be used in kids and adults age 6 months and older.
- Won't make you feel drowsy like some antihistamine medicines.
- Available over-the-counter without a prescription.
- Comes in many forms, such as a tablet, liquid, or quick-dissolving tablet.
- It's okay to take with most other medications since it has very few interactions.
- For some people, the effects Allegra (Fexofenadine) has on allergies will wear off over time.
- May not work as well as the first-generation antihistamines, like diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
- The dose needs to be adjusted for people with kidney problems.
Save on your next Allegra (Fexofenadine) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- Prices for (30) 24 hour tablets of Allegra (Fexofenadine)
- Sams Club
Side effects for Allegra (Fexofenadine)
From clinical trials of Allegra / Itching (60 mg) ( 374)
- DizzinessDizziness2% for Allegra vs.1% for placebo
- Back painBack pain2% for Allegra vs.1% for placebo
- Stomach discomfortStomach discomfort2% for Allegra vs.1% for placebo
- Pain in extremityPain in extremity2% for Allegra vs.0% for placebo
What to expect when you start Allegra (Fexofenadine)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Starts working in 1 to 2 hours depending on what dosage form you're taking.
- Works best when taken regularly, even before symptoms are expected to appear.
- Can make you feel dizzy or sleepy, so you can take it at bedtime.
- Follow age-specific dosing and don't take more than recommended.
- If symptoms get worse or you need to use it for more than a few weeks, talk with your doctor.
Risks and Warnings for Allegra (Fexofenadine)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Taking with alcohol
- › Taking other medicines that make you less alert
Allegra (Fexofenadine) can lowers your ability to focus, think, and react. Be careful and avoid activities that require you to be alert, such as driving a car or operating machinery, until you know how this medication affects you.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Allegra (Fexofenadine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Upsides and downsides from our pharmacists
- › The dose needs to be adjusted for people with kidney problems.