Treats bacterial infections.
Our bottom line
Amoxil (Amoxicillin) is a good and cheap antibiotic to treat many types of bacterial infections. However, many bacteria are resistant to this medication.
- (30) 500mg capsule
- Cost for (30) 500mg capsules of Amoxil (Amoxicillin) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$14.87New price:$5.65Save:62%
- $16.02New price:$10.25Save:36%
- $15.38New price:$11.84Save:23%
- $15.79New price:$11.84Save:25%
- Available in generic.
- Available in different forms: tablet, capsule, and suspension.
- Used to treat many types of bacterial infections.
- Suspension must be stored in the fridge.
- Can make birth control pills and live vaccines less effective.
- Many bacteria have developed resistance to this antibiotic.
- Can cause diarrhea.
What to expect when you take Amoxil (Amoxicillin) for InfectionSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Amoxil (Amoxicillin)
- Any side effect
- Vulvovaginal mycotic infection
Risks and Warnings for Amoxil (Amoxicillin)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long antibiotic treatment period
Taking antibiotics, like Amoxil (Amoxicillin) can increase your chance of getting certain fungal or bacterial infections that causes diarrhea and can be contagious. If you develop an unusual diarrhea with loose or bloody stools weeks after you finish the medication, talk to your doctor since this can be a rare but serious side effect.
Common concerns from people taking Amoxil (Amoxicillin)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take with food to decrease upsetting your stomach (nausea, vomiting).
- Eating meals helps with efficiency.
- I wish I would have read about this before, Got a rash, fever of 103 and I felt pain in my bones. I almost went to the hospital after 3 or 4 days of use. After use 6m ago, I am having issues w/ amoxicillin which has never happened before. 😕