Treats low testosterone.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
The testosterone patch is a topical form of hormone replacement that doesn't affect people you come in contact with, but it can cause skin irritation so you have to rotate its position every night.
Loading pricing data...
- The testosterone patch doesn't have to be removed when you're having sex or if you're showering or bathing.
- The testosterone patch prevents other people around you from coming in contact with testosterone, unlike other topical forms such as gels.
- The testosterone patch only has to be placed once each night.
- Not available in generic.
- You have to be careful to rotate the testosterone patch to a different part of your body each night.
- Can cause skin irritation.
- Has to be removed before you have an MRI.
- The patch can become loose if you do heavy exercise or sweat a lot.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Androderm (Testosterone Patch)
36 From clinical trials of Androderm / Hypogonadism- Males (2-6 mg/day)
- Any appication site reaction
- Application site pruritus
- Application site vesicles
- Back pain
- Application site erythema
- Application site exfoliation
- Acid reflux disease
Common concerns from people taking Androderm (Testosterone Patch)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?